So this week is my final week in the states... we're outprocessing which means drawing the latest equipment, finalizing any training we may have missed and double-checking our medical status and shots. In a crazy twist, our group has accomplished almost all of this work in the last few months, so we're pretty much 'good to go'. So we've breezed through most of the stations and ended up with a lot of downtime on our hands.
Which doesn't do us much good, because we have no jobs to take care of, no shopping to do, no cars at our disposal and our families are pretty much done with us at this point... Lucky for me, I caught my first cold of the year, so I've been napping a lot.
The females in our unit did have a bit of a scare though... we had all gotten our 'female exams' back in February, but in typical Army fashion, the results didn't 'take' in the system. Even though we had triple-checked that our medical status was green before we arrived here, the folks here weren't buying it. Faced with the prospect of having my breasts squished three times in one year, I called Jeff to see if we'd had the foresight to save results at home. We did, and I was off the hook.
No comments:
Post a Comment