Monday, November 14, 2011

14th Wedding Anniversary - an open letter to Jeff

Tomorrow is our 14th Wedding Anniversary. We celebrated while I was home by going to Bedford Springs for a couple of days, and had a fabulous time. But since I can't be there for the actual day, and because I didn't send an actual gift, I wanted to take a little bit of time and honor the man I've known for more than half my life now!

Jeff, you've been an amazing husband, father, neighbor, den master, syrup maker, bird watcher, comedian and best friend. I won't say taskmaster though, you haven't been much of a taskmaster. Nor have you been a nagger. Not a worrier either, although you have been an excellent defender of our family. Moral compass, you have been that, that's for sure. Of course, you've also been a great driver and technology guru. And if you asked Mark or Rick, they would probably say you've been a good mother too.

But I digress... the point is, I love you with all my heart, I am so glad we picked each other to build a life together. And I am also grateful to you for the gift of our two children, and the added bonus you've given me of raising them while I am seeing the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment