Sunday, July 31, 2011

The luxury of complaining

You can skip this post if you're not in the mood, but this is purely for me. I've tried hard to keep my posts light, positive, and entertaining. But today, screw it, I just want to vent.

Maybe it's because I've taken combat showers for two weeks, or maybe it's because I haven't gone off post in a month. Maybe it's because my office is full of distractions that set my teeth on edge, or maybe it's because my son was whiny this week.

Today, I was to go to Camp Phoenix for a USO Tour to see Jon Stewart, David Blaine and some famous basketball player. I am a huge fan of Jon Stewart and USO Tours don't come around that often, so I was really looking forward to it. Because transportation is so challenging, the fans had to head over to the Camp about 3 hours before the show. We killed time by running a few errands, eating lunch, etc and finally grabbing a seat in the courtyard in the hot sun to wait. We waited and waited and waited. Finally, they announced the show was cancelled due to aircraft mechanical problems. Then, we had to wait another 2 hours for our ride back.

While we waited, we thought, hey, let's get a smoothie at the little coffee shop (which is a rarity.) The shop was out of ice. We thought, hey, let's stop at the BBQ dining facility instead of the regular one for a pork BBQ sandwich. They were out of BBQ.

Dinner back at NKC was kind of crappy and I didn't get a good exercise in today either. So, yuck, there, piss on everything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment